Saturday 24 November 2012

Design your LIFE / Different DIY





image source



Counting today, there are 38 days left in 2012. In the beginning of this year we set ourselves goals. At least a lot of us did. Now, I feel, is a good time to look back and evaluate what we have accomplished, what we still need to accomplish and start planning for the next year. Holiday season is a time when everyone just wants to enjoy, party and spend. And I’m not saying these things are bad, they can actually be very energizing (enjoying and partying, not so much spending) if executed correctly, but too much of that can cause us lose focus and and wake-up on January 1st with a lot of regret. Last night my husband and I were craving pizza. Well, actually, we were hungry, and we thought that pizza would be the best way to satisfy our hunger instantly. However, instead of ordering pizza, we decided to push ourselves and cook a healthy meal. Why? Because pizza would make us fat and broke. Same as pizza, jumping into the holiday spirit and forgetting everything might provide us with instant gratification, but it will not last. Let’s not be fat and broke this holiday season, but instead push ourselves to spend some quality time with our families and friends, and accomplishing our goals.

To look back at my year and set new goals I’ll be using a template posted by Hillary of Dean Street Society (she also had an article on IFB). Thanks so much for inspiration, Hillary!!




- learned to be thankful


- signed with 2 modeling agencies


- saved up enough money to not work most of the summer, but instead…


- … develop my modeling portfolio


- … double my blog’s traffic


- … contribute to my husband’s school payments


- … make an investment


- attended NYFW, IFB Conference, and FSTS seminar


- developed new contacts


- traveled to San Francisco, NYC (x3), Moscow, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico, and enjoyed time with family in Atlanta and Cincinnati 


- gained more focus for my blog and redesigned it







- figure out how to put more focus on other people through what I do 


- help people achieve financial independence


- figure out how to help the elderly in Latvia


- move to NYC


- sign with a modeling agency in NYC


- make modeling and my blog my main income streams


- learn how to be an awesome, super supportive and more caring wife


- go back to Latvia to see my family


- develop a clothing line








Few things to remember the 38 days left in this year and next year:


“Nothing becomes dynamic until it’s specific,” Dani Johnson. Even though I have set these big goals, that is not enough. I have to set specific dates by which they will be achieved and figure out exactly how I am going to achieve them. That leads me to other thing Dani has said: ”Look at people that have what you want and do what they do.” I will be learning, learning, learning from successful people, and I will be investing in my skills.





If you need more encouragement and a clearer vision for how to push these 38 days, I highly recommend this audio.


So what did you get done this year? What will you do the next 38 days and next year?


If you decide to answer on your own blog, please, let me know!! I want know more about you :)


Be your best, babes!!!





PS. You might wonder, why I am posting all this on a fashion blog. Well, since the beginning of the blog, it was never intended to be just a fashion blog as one of the categories always have been “words". It’s not enough that we design our styles, looks and clothes. We have to design our lives. Also, I have disclosed some goals to you that are very personal so I really count on you being discreet and open to be honest with me as well. 





Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment