Monday 5 November 2012

long sleeve leather top / DIY








An angel from the sky  My American mom decided to give me my Christmas/birthday present yesterday. A sewing machine. I don’t think I have to tell you how super thankful and excited I am since everything I’ve made so far I had sewed by hand. So last night we spent making me a wrap skirt which turned out really good and you’ll see it in an outfit post soon. It was another awesome Sunday. And here is what I made today - a long sleeve version of my pleather tops.

I used:

-1 yd vinyl

-scissors

-thread

-sewing machine

Trace the shape of the top on vinyl. I used another top for a size reference. Cut it out and use to trace the other side. You will have something that looks similar to first picture - two the same looking pieces. Stitch the bottom of your pieces, bottom of sleeves and the collar part the way it is shown in the second picture. Put both right sides together, pin them and start sewing it all together seam by seam. And that’s it.

I made a mistake of not leaving enough space for the armpits thus the sleeves cannot be totally straightened out - make sure not to make the same mistake if you don’t like the scrunched sleeves.

I cannot wait to wear it with my oxblood colored pants for a super monochrome look.

Make it a beautiful and productive week, babes!!




Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment