Friday 14 December 2012

DESIGN your joy





Photobucket
sources are all pinned here



First off, I want to warn you. The more you’ll close your mind, the less you will like this post. So before you read this, decide if you’re going to be open and try to get something out of this for yourself or be all “judgy”. If you are the case NO2, don’t ruin your mood and day, and just skip to the next blog post in your reader. :)

When being in an industry such as fashion or really any creative industry, one can have very high highs and super low lows. One day, week, month you are a part of it all, in the middle of action, creation and adoration. Cloud 9, I’d say. Then a few days pass, and everything gets quiet. If you are in a creative position and always striving, you know how that feels. It can get pretty depressing. In a video with Coco Rocha, Zac Posen shares a very simple reality. He says, “Fashion is interesting. People love you one minute, they don’t like you the next minute.” So how do you go through these times where you are feeling that the world is spinning without you?

I am not religious (the word religion actually means “back to bondage”), but God IS my NO1 priority. So as I was reading the Bible and praying the other day, something came to my mind. “My joy comes from the Lord.” Obviously, I had read that before, but this time it really hit me. My God is never changing and always trustworthy. And if He’s my priority, and He is never changing, and if I put my joy in Him, then I better make sure my joy never changes as well. So no matter how high or low I’m feeling, I should always be joyful, because my never changing God is the source of my joy.

Now how can you apply this if you are not a believer? Look at your priorities! Is it family? Appreciate it! So maybe today the fruit of your hard work and creative passion are not showing. It’s ok! You know they will tomorrow, you will be on your high again, believe me. Everything always ends well, deep down you know it. However, today is the day you will find something in your life that is not changing, that really matters and gives you joy.



PS. Those of you that are still questioning the reason of this post on a so called “fashion blog”, please remember that I’ve always said that as cliche as it sounds, what is going on on the inside is what really affects the outside, and I care about your over all well being. Let’s DESIGN our clothes, styles, and LIVES! Heated comments are always welcome ;) I love you!




Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment