Sunday 27 January 2013

Add Value / WORDS























Today I just want to share a quick thought by Seth
Golding. In his article “The Cost Of Neutral” Golding states: “Not adding value
is the same as taking it away.
“ 



click on image for source





(If you follow me on twitter, you probably already saw me tweet it) 

You can read the whole text here and see this statement in a business setting type of context, but I would like to ponder on it a bit more in a setting that is very dear to us – style.



I’ve always thought that clothes and trends should not dictate our identity, but even more so they definitely should not hide it. I feel like this statement by Seth Golding sums it up perfectly. If your outfit is not adding value to your presence, attitude, confidence, it is probably taking it away. There is no such thing as being neutral; everything we do is a statement so why not make the best statement possible?!



Fashion month is coming up, and I’ll be taking time this week to evaluate my wardrobe and put together some outfits I can wear while in NYC. Sometimes I tend to get a bit too comfortable with just a few garments in my wardrobe and don’t push myself to take it up a notch and come up with a variety of ways to style them, thus I’ll be taking some time to refine my style. Just because we feel good in our clothes now, does not mean we cannot feel even better! It is about bettering ourselves constantly in every aspect of our lives, including style.



So how about we challenge ourselves? Even if you already are the most stylish person on the planet earth, is there anything you can improve this week? Is there anything you can do to refine your looks?  Let’s not stay in the same spot and let the cost of neutral creep up on us! Let’s be the best we can be!




Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment