Thursday 21 March 2013

Vintage Love / OUTFIT and WORDS





 photo 130310-karina-blanket1807_zps941a9b32.jpg
Photo by the super talented Peter Larson






I just had to share this quick photo Peter snapped of me after a test shoot we did recently. I am wearing another vintage gem gifted by the same friend that found this jacket for me. Vintage is my absolute favorite to wear for several reasons. First of all, very often vintage garments are crafted a lot more carefully and using higher quality fabrics (genuine leather in this case) than high street clothing or even some designer apparel as mass production often reduces the quality of the initial design. Second, I do not believe many other people will have the same jacket (who am I kidding, I’m pretty sure I’ll never run into anybody with this jacket on…), and last but not least, reusing clothes equals recycling and not cluttering our world with just more and more stuff. And just look at that detailing! This jacket has such character, a life story of it’s own.




Follow on Bloglovin


1 comment: