Saturday 19 November 2011

Collar Necklace / DIY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I feel that this DIY is pretty self explanatory - I cut the collar of a dress and sewed on black sequins and silver colored beads. One thing that you can’t see in the pictures - it took me forever! Well actually, you can even see that because the lighting for the first picture was very different from the ones when I’m half done. It took me so long that while doing this I saw three movies - Edward Scissorhands (Yes, I had never seen it before. Don’t judge me.), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (enough time had passed too see it again), Exit Through the Gift Shop (good suggestion of a friend), and a Bizarre Foods episode (the one where he is in India).



I also wanted to share this brilliant, quite whimsical video (you probably already saw it if you follow me on twitter) of Miranda July's idiosyncratic solution to the interruptions of modern life - "A Handy Tip for the Easily Distracted." 

" 
Miranda July: The Future on Nowness.com.





PS. Chictopia Week of Giving - please favorite my entry to support Latvia’s Red Cross “Home Care” Program! (you can read more about it here) The most-favorited entry will earn a donation toward their selected charity equivalent to the total amount of qualifying entries to the contest (for example 1000 total entries means Chictopia donates $1000 to the winning charity!)






Follow Beach & Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment